The Belgian agency Prophets presented their annual view on the trends in interactive design.
Although I am not a big fan of “trends” (if something is defined as a “trend” it is most often already mainstream or not a trend anymore, as trends are based on retrospections), I really like their slideshare.
Some of the topics are:
- focus on content & mobile
- practice storytelling (as “the homepage is not the only front door”)
- focus on cross-device supply (responsive design, mobile ecommerce, playful grid systems)
- focus on touch and gestures (new/ different interactions)
- focus on typo
- purity is king
Looking ahead, this is what will gain in importance:
- internet of big things: “the phone will start to anticipate a lot of what you need”
- NUI (natural user interfaces): interface system that is invisible or perceived as invisible (interactions by gestures or voice)