Lynne Waldera, working as an organizational consultant in SF, gave a great presentation about culture building in organizations, especially in organizations that want to improve the customer experience.
Her tipps are:
- Design principles: Define the values you want your culture to have
- Casting: Be specific about the type of personalities you want to hire (the Big Five personality traits may serve as a guideline)
- Set Design: Create an inspiring environment
- Storytelling: Tell new employees positive “stories” about your organization (also called “story prompting“)
- Actions: Start and do things